MBI is an Eastern Massachusetts service body of Overeaters Anonymous. We represent over 60 local OA meetings to our regional board, OA Region 6. MBI was the very first Intergroup in the state of Massachusetts. After incorporating in 1988, we have been supporting (roughly) 65 MBI meetings in our local area.
MBI’s stated purpose is to perform the following service:
- To further the OA program in accordance with the Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions of OA.
- To maintain a Communication Center for MBI. Specifically excluded is the endorsement of any outside enterprise, as outlined in Tradition Six.
- To provide a forum for the selection of MBI Chairs.
- To provide unity of groups and organization of me, tings registered with MBI.
- To host Marathons and Workshops as deemed necessary by MBI.
- To work for OA as a whole within the Committees appointed by MBI.
MBI Consists of representatives from local MBI meetings, an executive board and seven standing committees. The board members and committee chairs are listed below for 2016. Please contact all officers through the MBI Office.
- Chair: Cathie B.
- Vice-Chair: Paulina S.
- Corresponding Secretary: Cathryn C.
- Recording Secretary: Beth P.
- Treasurer: Mary P.
MBI holds its monthly business meeting at the Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 170 Governors Ave, Medford, MA on the third Saturday of each month from 10:30 a.m. – Noon. Visitors are always welcome, and those wishing to do service will find many ways to get involved at the intergroup level.
Directions: The Lawrence Memorial Hospital is located off Rte 93 North: Take Exit 33 and take the rotary to South Border Road. Turn left onto Governors Avenue. Lawrence Memorial Hospital will be on the right.
For more information download our brochure:
If you are traveling on behalf of MBI and need a mileage reimbursement form please download the Mileage Reimbursement Form and mail it to the Office.
2020 MBI Meeting Dates: January 11, February 8, March 14, April 4, May 9, June 13, July 11, August 8, September 12, October 10, November 21, December 12